For dog owners, going on a vacation is often a tough call as many places don’t have enough to keep their pets entertained. However, finding dog-friendly accommodation or attractions for your furry friend would be a breeze if you are heading to Lake Havasu City. Apart from playing host to several dog-friendly hotels and vacation home rentals, the city boasts of several dog parks, attractions, pet-friendly restaurants as well as RV parks and campgrounds, all of which would ensure an enjoyable sojourn for your cherished pet. So, if you are looking for dog-friendly attractions in Lake Havasu City that would keep you as well as your pet entertained, here are the top five picks:
- Lions Dog Park at London Bridge Beach: Being one of the top attractions of the city, this fully fenced park has a grassy expanse where your canine friend can run and play. In between these activities, it can even quench its thirst from the park’s drinking bowls that are loaded with fresh water. The place has covered benches, a walking path for humans and a hydrant-shaped fountain, spraying a cooling mist of water. If your dog is on a leash, you can even take it outside the dog area.
- Cattail Cove State Park: With over 2,000 acres of natural wonderland, this place awaits you and your dog with a lot to explore and enjoy. You have to put your pet on leash all the while when you go on to enjoy bird-watching, hiking or a picnic at this beautiful park.
- Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge: Spread across 6,105-acres, this place has a rich natural and cultural history. You can take dogs of all sizes to this place provided they are on leash at all times and cleaned up after. Your pet may either walk on the park’s trails or just alongside them. However, you can’t leave your dog unattended at any time.
- Islander RV Resort: Though dogs of all sizes are allowed here, there are some breed restrictions. The campground has a dog walk area where your canine friend can enjoy a leisurely walk. However, you have to ensure that your pet isn’t left unattended outside, is leashed at all times and cleaned up after.
- Lake Havasu State Park: By keeping your dog on leash, you can take your pet to enjoy the beautiful nature trails at this park. Dogs are not permitted on the beach though.
Some of these attractions are free to enter while some others charge a fee. It would be prudent to check the charges and additional conditions, if any, before going there.
These and several other dog-friendly places of the city are ideal for a dog’s day out. So, the next time you are racking your brains to pick a pet-friendly destination, come to Lake Havasu City straight away.